giovedì 8 maggio 2008

The secret Code! (Interview)


Here we go again! We have another exclusive interview from the magnificent MORENA from Malta.
We hope you'll love this interview, beacause we did!
GO MALTA!

1) First of all: your surname is Camilleri, is it related to the famous italian writer? And your second surname - as we read on wikipedia - Fenech? Like the Actress?
Camilleri derives from Italy, and who knows ... maybe I am somehow related to the famous writer! But it is also very common in Malta! As for "the actress" you refer to... it is true, we share the same surname but as far as I know we are not related either!

2) How is it life in Malta?
Life in Malta is a big holiday! 365 days! I love it here. We got the blue skies, the blue seas, the sun, and we are surrounded by culture that dates back to 4000 BC. Distances are short, so you can achieve a lot in just one day! Most Maltese have a laid back attitude and are very friendly. E... parliamo anche l'italiano! :) [italian for and we even speak italian]

3) How good do you think is for Malta joining the Eurovision Song Contest? Does it brings more tourism and makes you better known to the eyes of Europe?
I think the Eurovision song contest is good for every country because it is a feast that celebrated international music and diverse cultures. ALL together under one sky! A lot of people know Malta from the Eurovision song contest, so I think it could have an effect on tourism too!

4) Do you think that if Malta had more neighbour-countries it would have more points in the contest?
YES!

5) Which were your favourite songs in Malta Song For Europe 08?
Apart from mine of course! Mmmm.... I liked "sunrise" of Claudia Faniello, "Throw your stones" of Daneila Vella, and "Superhero" by Klinsmann.

6) Do you think it has been a risk having two songs in the contest Have you ever feard the votes-splitting?
Yes, I think it was a risk! And yes, I did fear the votes splitting. However, from the feedback I got in those two days, it seemed that more people were opting for VODKA as opposed to Casanova!

7) Vodka has a word in russian and talks about a spy in Moscow, do you think it will give you more points from the slavic states?
No, not at all. I think people will vote for it only if they like it. I do not believe because there are some russian words they would necessarily vote for something.

8) Are you going to have a dance routine besides the wiggling around the stage?
There will be a dance routine, but I really prefer to concentrate on singing!

9) Did Mr. Borg write this song for you? Or have you found it already written?
"Mr Borg" as you call him .... wrote this for me! I met Gerard about a year and a half a go, and he liked me and my style very much. We were working on a project and VODKA was part of that project. When it was finished, and we all heard it we decided that this will go to Eurovision!

10) You're singing "vodka is the secret code", will you also do a campain against alcol abusement?
I have said many times that VODKA is not about alcohol. The author wanted to find a "code word" to fit the spy story, and thought that VODKA was a catchy word to use. I think that anything used in access - not only alcohol - is bad. People should do everything with moderation.

11) Do you think you'll get loads of points waving your hair? Because if we could, we'd voted you.
Once you tell me that... then I am going to make sure to shake my hair! I will do what I call : "The VODKA hair-shake"!!!!! Many fans seem to like it... so I will do it! Promise!

12) Can you send us Claudia Faniello's painting? It was amazing..
I would if I could.... I will call Claudia and see if it is still available!!!!! Maybe it has been sold already!

13) Do you inspire to any other singer? International or National.
I love Tina Turner, and Beyonce. However, at the end of the day - Morena is who I am!

14) Last year's russian entry seemed a group of spies, will you try to steal some details from Serebro?
Oh! where they really spies? No, no... I will be a different spies.... For Eurovision Eyes Only!

15) Do you think that medias have been heavy on critizing Fabrizio Faniello and his last position? And why they did not try to destroy Olivia Lewis?
The media can be really funny sometimes! They can love you, they can hate you all at once! I see it happen to so many international artists. Sometimes, it is just a person who has an agenda and wants to bring somebody down by what he/she writes! I believe that no matter what... each artist has a high and a low.... but after the low... another high comes along! The world goes round....

16) What do you think of joke-entries like Spain and Ireland?
I think that Eurovision is a big mix of everything. So I have nothing against joke or serious entries. This is why this contest is such big fun. Because you never know what the people out there are in the mood for! One year they might eb in for a "joke".. the next year.. something "serious..." something "wild"... or something "fun"... or something "dramatic!"

17) Do you have a favourite song from this year contest? And overall?
I have some favourites, but sometimes you just can't tell. so I will wait until I see the rehearsals before revealing them! That is where one has clear idea of what will REALLY happen. The rest, I think, are all based on assumptions. :)

18) Do you think there will be an Italian return? Are you hoping for it?
Eventually yes. Why not! Maybe Malta finally gets a neighbour!

19) Have you ever visited our country? What did you like best?
Not yet... but I intend to come over! My friends have been and said that Italy has seven wonders:
FOOD. BUILDINGS. FASHION. MUSIC. LANDSCAPES. HISTORY. MEN.

20) What will you do after Eurovision?
Right now.... the first thing that comes to mind.... IS A HOLIDAY IN THE MALDIVES! But unfortunately, in July, I have another project waiting!!!!
Thank you for your time!
Thanks for the interview, and I look forward to seeing you in Italia one day!
Vodka kisses
Morena xxx



Thank you Morena! We just ADORE YOU!
Categories: , ,