sabato 26 aprile 2008

We are wolves of the sea! (Interview)

Do you remember the 1st of March when I put up with Sanremo and Erika was doing a tour of the national finals? Well, at the news of the latvian choice we were jumping all around joyfully and we cheated on Sweden for two weeks. So, our second favourite answered our answers in an exclusive interview which makes us flying the latvian flag along with the Jolly Roger!

We are sorry for the translation, for any suggest use the e-mail at your right

1) The Bonaparti.lv project, after the great success obtained at the ESC, seems to be wrecked (remaining in a pirates-theme): what happend between you guys?
Everyone with its commitments, which didn't get along; however sometime we get together again for the big events and we dust again the beautiful "Questa Notte" :)

2) Do you think that the good results at the ESC 2007 it's also because of the italian language, besides the song? Because the people of ESC seems to go crazy for our language!
I think it has helped a lot the fact it was in italian, but also the melody and the arrangement of the song. Maybe we could improve the pronounciation...

3) Yours is one of the visual-performances best organized between all the songs chosen for the ESC 2008, will you do some changes?
We'll do little changes in the choreography and in the costumes and we changed a chorist. But we will be forever pirates :)

4) Was it hard to learn the dance-routine? We knot each time we try to do it!
I do like dance, I did some school of dance time ago, but always in a low level and last year I had the opportunity of partecipate to the latvian version of "Dancing with the stars", I was dancing with the beautiful champion of Latvia and I de-knotted with her. Now I de-knot with the winner of the programme, the beautiful brunette Aleksandra Kurusova :)

5) Will the single of "Wolves of the sea" get out? There will be any video?
The single got out as a promo in Sweden, in Latvia will get out the 9th of May with our new single: a marvellous ukrainan popular song that I've translated in englsh.

6) There will be another version of the song in another language?
No, it will be in english, but I can think of a great version in sardinian with the Bitti's chorus :) [a popular chorus from Sardinia]

7) How did you arrive in Latvia from Ardara [his hometown in Sardinia]?
I won a scolarship "Socrates" after graduating in Foreing Languages at Sassari. After winning I choosed to go to Latvia in airplane :)

8) Did your mother ever try to stop you and keep you with your feet on the island, rather than go to the continet?
I'm the youngest between five children and my mother is a tipical marvellous sardinian mother; I remember that, when I told her "Mum, I won a scolarship for Latvia", she stared at me and aske me "What kind of subject is?" :)

9) Are your parents in Sardinia interested in your successes at the ESC or do they have to give up thanks to RAI?
My parents and my home-town follow my results in general and last year they put up a giant monitor in the square of Ardara, just to follow the final! Everything on the romanian channel... my sister Rosa was "translating" :) It has been a party!

10) Did the italian press contact you for questions/interviews/anything else? Last year the paper "La nuova Sardegna" [A sardinian newspaper] published an article, but we think it had found all the news on the net.
They contacted me a lot. Also this year I've appeared on "La nuova Sardegna", few months ago. Sometimes I appear also on Videolina [A sardinian television channel] and on "L'unione sarda" [Another sardinian newspaper], but right now my space it's filled by Marco Carta, the winner of Amici [Italian rubbish version of Idol]...

11) If Italy comes back at the ESC, will you feel proud of having partecipated at the come-back?
Indeed! Besides I have a record really funny: I'm the only Italian with Domenico Modugno that partecipated two times in a row at the contest!

12) You have been interviewed by Festa Italiana [An italian programme about towns' particular feast] in a time not really good for audience, the article about Paolo Meneguzzi at the ESC has been broadcast a morning when nobody could have been watching, do you think that RAI is trying to do information shadowing it?
Mah, my mother has been filled of telephone calls after that episode... her tears had stolen the scene even to my partecipation at the ESC :) I don't know what RAI does, in all Europe everybody does a lot of information on this event.

13) Last Sanremo had few audience, first of all: did you get to see it, from Latvia? What do you think is the matter?
I've seen it in parts, I did not resist after two songs in a row! Anonymous songs a part from a few exception, really boring and really far from what people now listen to. It's an event that must be remodernized from the start.

14) Will you ever try to partecipate in Sanremo? Maybe publicizing the experience of the ESC.
Last year I've written the lyrics for a song that entered in the first 40 in the new acts. Yes, I'd partecipate, but with a beautiful song, not with a classical ballad for old people...

15) After knowing that in Somalia's sea there has been Pirates acts, what did you think? (Sorry, we couldn't resist!)
We have been interviewed even on this fact, they say that on the ship of the pirates a four Moors flag was flying ;) [the flag of Sardinia]

Thank you Roberto and Good Luck!
Thanks to Chiara that made this interview possible