sabato 7 febbraio 2009

The first interview of 2009!


In this wonderful evening, we are proud to present our first interview of the year: her name is Andrea Demirovic and her country is Montenegro.
Well, "Just get out of my life" is one of the most fantastic songs revealed until now for the Eurovision Song Contest 2009, but shall the artist speak for herself!

First of all: would you like to present yourself to the eurovision-audience?
Yes, thank you. I am Andrea, I was born in Bar, main port in Montenegro. At the moment I am finishing Music Academy, and music has been my life since i was born.

"Just get out of my life" is an energetic song, how would you describe it?
It's a song that you can identify with, and it's also a very catchy tune. It's youthful, dynamic song, and I hope that it will become a big hit.

Are you happy to be the first female entry for Montenegro?
Oh, yes, I am so happy that I can't describe all this wonderful feelings of joy that I will be on EUROSONG stage this year in Moscow.

You have also the first english song from Montenegro, how did it happen?
Authors of the lyrics made it in English and temporarily it is the only version. I think that, even though I love my mother tongue very much, the main emotions in the song could be best presented only in English language.

Montenegro was a surprise for all the ESC-World: the song was presented without letting anybody know when; there is any reason in particular?
Well, Montenegrin TV made some changes in competition and decided to choose the representative for ESC without previous performance of the songs. From my point of view, it looks like a very good decision. Honestly, I didn't ask for the reason of that changes, so I can't tell you the right answer to this question, I can only guess that they wanted to find someone who will, at least, bring Montenegro placement in final ESC contesting night.

Can you present us composer and lyricist of your song?
Of course, and I will do that proudly. Composer is Mr Ralph Siegel, a very successful German artist. Authors of the lyrics are Mr Bernd Meinunger and Mr Jose Juan Santana Rodriguez. Arrangement for the song was made by Mr Corad Bekk, Mr Robin Felder and Mr Norbert Daum. The song was produced in Jupiter-Records studio 'Olimpia' by Mr Ralph Siegel.

Are you planning to do a promotional journey all over Europe?
Yes, at the end of February I will start my promoting tour, and as my producers from Limark informed me, we will start from Greece, then we will visit Macedonia, Croatia, Slovenia, Bosnia and Hercegovina, and at the end of March I will start my promoting tour in EU.

Is there going to be any video of the song?
Of, course, it will be soon. We have already accepted scenario, and chose the director, one of our most successful video directors Mr Dejan Milicevic, and next week the first part of the video will be filmed in one of Belgrade's studios.

When will your new CD be out? Is it going to be full of songs like "Just get out of my life"?
My idea is to work on songs for my new CD after the ESC, and I suppose that at the end of 2009 everything will be ready for publishing. I would like to record one more song like 'Just get out of my life', but I am sure that, beside these two songs, there will be three songs composed by Mr Rafael Artesero, famous Spanish composer.

Are you already organizing the contest performance? Do you know yet what is going to be on stage?
I know that I will be on stage together with one good-looking boy, but what will be on stage and what will be our choreography, is still being planned, but I'm sure that my stage performance will be one more Montenegrin surprise for ESC fans.

Are you going to appear on stage as "Andrea Demirovic" or simply as "Andrea"?
Well, my surname is very hard for pronunciation for the Westerners, and I thought that maybe it will be better if I appear on stage as Andrea Demiro, and keep that new name as my stage name, but I am not quite sure that I will do that. Maybe... I will make that decision before 16 March.

Which countries do you think will be harder to beat?
OOPS! First all countries from the first semifinal, than Turkey, Great Britain, Albania, Malta, Greece... and all other countries from the final night. As usual, all compositions will be at the highest level, so it will be really hard to beat them.

Do you think that Montenegro, as other little countries (like Malta or Andorra), is disadvantaged for its dimension?
Pearl is small but it is valuable, so if small countries like Malta, Andorra, Montenegro, San Marino etc. have good songs then the dimensions are not important.

Do you think there will be any change in the song before the deadline?
Mr Ralph and his arrangements team will make some minor changes before the deadline.

Are you afraid of the performance in Moscow, knowing the astonishing viewing figures of the contest?
I would lie if I say that I'm not afraid. I freeze every time when I think of how many eyes will look at me in that three minutes on stage. Thank God, I have two months to get used to that situation and prepare myself to make my performance perfect without any fear on stage.

How did you feel when Serbia won the Eurovision Song Contest 2007? Were you excited?
I was very happy. 'Molitva' is beautiful song and I sing it from time to time at home or to my close friends.

You covered a song from the spanish national final, are you a follower of the contest?
Eurovision Song Contest is the biggest European music event, with lots of amusing performances, so I like to watch it, make my own list of favorites and winners, but this year, at my great pleasure, somebody else will do that instead of me, because I will have the honour to be a part of that and to appear on that big shining stage.

Thinking of 2008: which were your favourite entries?
As I said before, all the compositions were at the highest level, but I like Russian song best, because it sounds like songs which I like to sing or listen. Of course, Armenia and Ukraine were great. In Montenegro, song from Armenia became a big hit.

Have you ever visited our country, Italy?
Of course, we are neigbours. I was in Roma, Firenze, and Bari, and your beautiful Fontana Di Trevi will stay in my mind forever.

And what do you think of italian music?
Oh, you can't imagine how many wonderful Italian songs are my favorite songs. Andrea Boccelli, Al Bano, Alessandro Safina, Lara Fabian, Tiziano Ferro... and many, many great artists are my favorites. Maybe you don't know that I have recorded song 'Ley, le, lee' with one of your young and very talented singers Mr Massimo Bertacci. Last year we performed that song on 'Suncane skale' festival, the biggest international festival in Montenegro and Former Yugoslav Republics.

Would you like to leave a message for all the eurovision fans?
Enjoy the Eurovision Song Contest, vote for your favorite song, and vote a little bit for me. Love you all,
Andrea.

A big thanks to Andrea for being such a pleasant girl